Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Don't Let Go

This weeks Blog Challenge! Hope you all enjoy! 


I teetered, peering over the edge with only the untrusting grip of my bare feet on the wet rocks. The waves crashed violently into the spiked rocks below, sending vibrations up through my body. I closed my eyes and let the rain pelt my skin and mix with my tears. Everything that I knew was gone. Who I was is gone.

I stretched out my arms into the breeze and let it covered over me like a blanket. It could be so easy. One single step and the burning pain would be gone. I would no longer feel anything the moment I hit the rocks. The water would take me off without a sound or a cry. I closed my eyes and let out a single breath. The weight of my body leaned over the edge.

Then two hands wrapped around me and jerked me back. I stumbled over the uneven ground, trying to stead myself. He was here. How did he find me? He tightened his grip around my body and didn’t say a word and neither did I. Where would I even start? How could I explain? It was obvious what I was considering. I wasn’t fooling either of us but it all seemed crazy now.

I let him hold me in the death grip. Was he afraid that if he let me go I would run and jump? That idea was already gone the moment he touched me. 

His arms felt safe against my body. I grabbed onto his soggy jeans and held back sobs. My life was forever changing and forever a danger. 

*********************************************************************************

I wanted to open this up to everyone as well. If you would like to leave your interpretation of the photo/art every week with me, leave it in the comments. I would love to see what you get from the art! Join me in the fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment