Monday, August 13, 2012

Daughter--Landfill

This is my first post for my Music on Mondays. If you have been following my blog at all you kinda know that music is pretty important to my writing process. It tends to stem creativity as I write and aid in producing scenes in my head. I'm from a film background and I think of writing/reading like a movie. Each character has a set type of music that plays when they come on screen or mood music for the scene itself. I tend to pick those out for my books. I have whole playlists mapped out in itunes and play them over and over. I even replay some songs on a continuous loop because it grasps that moment for me as I write. Also I tend to write to mellow type music with a toe in the pool of Folk. I do listen to heavy music from time to time but only when it is natural for that writing moment. It is hard for me to listen to that kind of sound since I feel it pulls me out of what I am doing and I loose focus. So with stating all of that I introduce to you my first song for Music on Monday! 


(I do not own the music nor the pictures in this video.)


I follow a few music blogs trying to find cool new indie music to listen to. I fell across Daughter while on one of those blogs. See, I listen to alot of Florence + the Machine and Daughter has a deep emotional feel like Florence does. I fell in love with the band and this is one of my favorites.  

This plays for my main character through most of the book. These lyrics mirror her emotions every time she sees "the boy." She definitely has strong mixed feelings towards him and these lyrics really hit home for her. 

Lyrics: 
Cos' this is torturous electricity
Between both of us and this is 
Dangerous cos' I want you so much 
But I hate your guts
I hate you

I hope you fall in love with Daughter as much as I have. At some point in ones life, I think we all go through this exact feeling. So turn the lights down low and relax to Daughters brilliant lyrics! 



No comments:

Post a Comment