Thursday, August 19, 2010

Packing...and more Packing

Today was packing day.  You never realize how many things you have collected until you decide to move.  We, my sister and I, haven't been in CA long, 4 months, but we did unpack our things while we were here.  I have to say that it has been way easier packing this time around than the mess of moving here.  We left half our things from our other apt at our parents house, only taking what we could fit in our own cars.  This time around, we have less stuff and a smaller apt, meaning less junk strung about.


I am quite surprised at how much I think I am going to miss it here.  The last month I have been begging to go back home and get away from all these crazy people (nothing bad for all you Cali people).  I felt like I failed in my other career if I went home though.  I didn't want to go back to everyone and say that only after 4 months of being here,  I just up and came back home.  But being here has changed me drastically.  I love my other career, of course, but being here has made me realize how much I love to write.  I have met new, exciting people, plus wonderful places I never would have seen if I didn't come all the way here.


Before, I felt this was a worthless trip here, then I thought about it, and I never would have seen what would be my setting for my novel.  The first week of being here, working on a gig, I found the exact location I dreamt in my head.  Half the things I thought about for my novel would have never happened unless I was standing in the exact places I was in.  It just shows you that even the negative, crazy moments in life teaches you the most about living.

No comments:

Post a Comment