Saturday, August 14, 2010

Morning Pages

Not sure if anyone else has been doing these wonderful Morning Pages, but I recently started up a writing journal of sorts.  I thought that if I sat down once a day and got all of the clutter out of my head, writing my novel would be a little more easier.  I have been doing it only a couple of days and I have already noticed a big difference.


Then today, while rummaging around the net on my phone, I found a forum mentioning a book called The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron, so I drove my way to the book store to take a look through it.  I must say, so far it has been one of the most helpful books I have looked at in awhile.  Usually, the books I seem to buy about writing is about technique, rather than this this book focusing on finding your creativity.


I have seemed to have lost my creativity in the last few months and, I have to admit, I blame it on moving here to CA.  Not that I don't like it here, of course, but I am used to the wonderful mysterious weather and country back home.  I grew up in a very small town where you couldn't even see your neighbors house from your door step.  When I lived there, I hated it.  Now that I am grown, moved around so much, I miss it more than I ever thought I would.  The sound of the birds and roosters joyfully waking you up in the morning, telling you a new day has arrived, is something I took for granted.


Now that I live in the sunshine state, for the second time of my life, I feel, just as much as I did the first time if not more, that this is not the right place for me.  There isn't really anything surprising about living here.  The weather, of course, is beautiful, but there is no surprise to it; no creativity.  Its the same everyday you wake up.  I think trying to make myself fit in here has sucked all the life, plus creativity, out of me.  I want to go home to the animals, the beautiful colored trees, fresh gardens, and people who actually care about you and how your day was.  Maybe when I get that back my writing and creative juices will flow back into me.  Maybe then, I will find myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment