Monday, April 30, 2012

The Shiny

So currently I am fighting the urge to put classified novel on the shelf for a bit.  I feel as if something is just not coming together.  A part of me is trying to work through it but another part is worried that the story will suffer for it.  I'm not sure if it has to do with a new idea that recently slammed itself into my life.  This idea is shiny and new and has the possibly of being a really great new story.  It is something I haven't seen done yet in YA right now and that makes me want to jump on it.

Since coming up with this idea randomly while painting my new writing desk, it has kinda taken over my thoughts.  I find myself thinking about it without realizing I am.  Certain scenes are falling into place and I'm starting to see the character more and more clearly.  This would be vastly different from the book I am writing right now including the fact it would be told by a male lead where as Classified Novel is mostly told from my female lead.  This makes me nervous.  I have tons of guy friends but I am not sure if I can write from a guys POV.  I would definitely find it as a challenge to myself and would be proud when I conquered it but am I ready for that yet?

How do you try to stay away from "the shiny" while you finish "the right now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment